Dr. Morath has represented biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and chemical companies for more than 10 years with clients ranging from small startups to major research institutions and multinational pharmaceutical companies. He advises on a wide variety of complex IP-related matters, including international portfolio strategy and development, patent preparation and prosecution, due diligence, and general patent counseling.
Dr. Morath is experienced in biochemistry; next generation sequencing; cell biology; recombinant cells and cell-based therapies; immunology; vaccines; diagnostics; pharmaceuticals; nutrition, cosmetics, and other related areas.
Prior to joining Patent Law Works, Dr. Morath was a partner with the intellectual property boutique TraskBritt, PC.
Dr. Morath completed his undergraduate education at the University of Michigan, graduating with a B.Sc. in molecular and cellular biology. He received a Ph.D. from the University of Utah in Molecular Biology with his thesis focusing on metal requirements for early brain development and fate choices of neural stem cells. He spent a nearly a year as a Postdoctoral fellow before pursuing a law degree from Brigham Young University.
- Brigham Young University, J.D., 2005
- University of Utah, Department of Oncological Sciences, Postdoctoral Fellow, 2002
- University of Utah, Department of Oncological Sciences, Ph.D., 2002
- University of Michigan, College of Literature, Science, and Arts, B.Sc. 1995
- Dr. Morath is a member of the Utah Bar and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a patent lawyer.